Kala Nidhi Fine Arts is committed to nurturing Indian Dance by supporting the growth and creativity of Indian Dance Artists and to creating a larger awareness of traditional and contemporary Indian dance in Canada.
- Kala Nidhi Fine Arts places Indian Dance within the broader context of an emerging Canadian dance culture. We present works of fusion choreography and we invite dancers from diverse dance cultures to participate in our activities.
- Kala Nidhi Fine Arts closely follows the development of new trends in Indian Dance and exposes Canadians to the best new works and the finest artists of classical and contemporary dance styles.
- Kala Nidhi Fine Arts creates and supports production and performance opportunities for artists of all levels through festivals, individual productions and collaborations with other organizations and artists.
- Kala Nidhi Fine Arts supports the development and training of young dancers and choreographers.
- Kala Nidhi Fine Arts sustains the creativity of established choreographers and dancers through the commissioning of new works and other nurturing activities such as workshops and choreographic labs.
- Kala Nidhi Fine Arts combines creativity and performance with knowledge and education. Our panel discussions, post performance discussions and scholarly presentations enhance understanding and awareness of the foundations of Indian Dance and provide a forum to discuss its evolution.
- Kala Nidhi Fine Arts promotes its activities to a broad spectrum of dance enthusiasts including several generations of the South Asian Diaspora and Canadians of other cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Kala Nidhi Fine Arts’ commitment to diversity is reflected in our board membership, which includes representatives from several sectors of our society and several cultural/ethnic traditions.